1.18.2005

Ready for take off

An idea I've been pondering on for many months now. Starting an English blog offers some advantages that seem worth it to give it a shot. First off, since music is the universal language, the personal ideas that come with it which I like to write about should be explained to eventual readers in the second universal language, which undoubtedly is English. Second, when I read about music, it's about 60% in English. Therefore, all the metaphores/references English writers use invade my head and trick my mind into believing that writing about music in English is far more fun than writing about it in my own language. How's that for manipulation huh? I love writing in Dutch but still, I must try it in English simply because I must, I must, must must must, yeah. It's fun to play with the Dutch language and that's what I will keep doing on Lowtones, KindaMuzik, Gonzo and Zeenz but the urge to write in English never dissapears. I plan on doing a lot of reviews on new albums that maybe turn out to be this year's highlights (that way my best of 2005 will hopefully be a lot less work than my 2004 list) and I hope to do some pretentious, longass essays on old albums, hah! Do keep in mind, writing about music is still a hobby and only that, I work a regular office job on the side (yes, on the side ;)), so it might lead up to long blogsilences due to my regular work and the work i put in for the variety of voluntarily sustained magazines. To be honest, all my voluntarily writing takes up a lot of my time which I used to spend on social activities. How much of a writing junk am I? Yes indeed, it might be considered sad, too much, way too much or even what the hell are you doing too much. But, since the blogosphere is without limits, we're off to rock 'n' roll. Circus Of Fools, ready for take off.
Starting off with a review of MU's album Out Of Breach (Manchester's Revenge) tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home