2.10.2005

diggin'

I don't really dig The Blues that much, it might be too straightforward and perhaps too workingclass for my ears. Not that I have anything against the workingclass as I am part of it myself but when I listen to musics I generally search for stuff that picks me up and drops me off on a cloud high above reality. I am liking that folk stuff a lot since last year. Psychedelic like that new and very pretty Six Organs Of Admittance album, School of the Flower (maybe more on this one later) or the cryptical semi-nonsense beardfolk of Devendra & Friends. I guess music has to tickle my fantasy and create this subconscious reality that I can dwell in for as long as I want to. No need to tell me straight up how blue life can be. If you give it to me in a cynical and ironic/sarcastic way though, I'm right with you. Let's laugh at our troubles and twist those facts to make them look slightly funnier. And yeah, School of the Flower is right up there. Ben Chasny plays those delicate strings of life Fahey style, how I wish he was still alive to, at some point, jam along with this Chasny guy. pling-plong-pling

1 Comments:

Blogger Manic Inventor said...

als je niks met blues kan moet je charly patton maar eens beluisteren. van die duivelse gospelblues. aanrader.

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home