2.24.2005

Stop bothering M.I.A. (beech!)

I kind of enjoy the semi backlash M.I.A. is getting at places. Looking at the way Britney's arrival at the pop stage ('Baby One More Time') was smashed, how fake she was, how she couldn't be a virgin (when she portrayed herself that way) and seeing how many people were digging last year's 'Toxic' it seems hypocritical to dismiss M.I.A. instantly as a fake product of music marketing. But, it's part of the process and it'll do M.I.A. good there's talk about her, her (fake or not) issues and in the end, hopefully, the music. Because in a few years when M.I.A. rules the charts duetting with Britney I know all you haters have that song as your number 1 single of the year. TELLING YA!

by the way, How far can you go with the fake or not statement? Is it right for a white middle class American/Brit to analyze grime/hiphop for it's value and origins?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home